I've been tracking my location since 2008, and write down everything I eat and drink. I've spoken at conferences around the world about owning your data, OAuth, quantified self, and explained why R is a vowel.
Sometimes, I've posted content to my website that is directed at a specific group, such as a mailing list or an IRC channel. When viewed on my website, these posts end up looking out of context.
Today I added a new property to my posts to indicate the context in which I posted the message, and I indicate it in the top of the post where the reply context lives.
Here's an example of my latest post that I sent to a mailing list. It is now much more obvious that this post is not directed at the general audience of my website, but instead is directed at a different audience.
I've chosen to store this in a new Microformats2 property in my posts called "audience", the value is an h-card describing the audience of the post.
Here's a post from last year when I originally pointed out the problem with not showing the context of the post. I've updated the post to indicate the audience it was sent to.
I realized that I had actually made a few of the Micropub.rocks tests more strict than they should have been. There were a few tests about uploading photos, when really the thing they were testing was how to upload files of any sort. The spec even mentions video and audio explicitly, so the test suite should accept those as well.
Today I updated the test suite to allow video and audio uploads for test 104, 203, and 300.
Marty was quick to test his podcast client Screech with it, so his client now passes test 300! When an audio file is uploaded to the test suite, the post preview shows an audio player with the uploaded file.