Some pictures of my progress on BarBot today! 🍸🤖
I ran the tubes through the pumps, and up the top to form a faucet. I tested them all with water. The nice part of this design is all of the electronics are suspended above the liquor bottles, so I don't have to worry about any drops falling onto the circuits.
I formed the faucet shape by bending a wire to the shape I wanted, and clamping it to the cabinet with a wide washer. I ran the tubes along the wire and ziptied them.
"How to Imitate a Whole Lot of Hollywood Film Music In Four Easy Steps" Definitely going to use this as a reference for some of the remaining 100 days! (Reminder that his M2M notation is half steps, not harmonic intervals) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSKAt3pmYBs
Being a purchaser for Grocery Outlet must be fun. You probably get to see all kinds of frankenfoods, like this double-stacked-wrapped block of Gouda for $2.81.
9 likes 1 reply
After a few setbacks and trying out various combinations of components, I finally have all 16 pumps being controlled from this Arduino! I ended up getting a new Arduino that has enough pins to drive the relays directly instead of going through a serial expander board which was causing me problems. I also abandoned the Darlington arrays in favor of these relay boards that have all the relay isolation stuff done for me. This also keeps the 5v Arduino and 12v pump power supplies completely separate, which I feel much more comfortable about. Next step is to mount this into my cabinet and hook up the tubing! Then time to get to work on the recipe database! #barbot