Since I knew I wouldn't be able to get a good video/photo of the eclipse, and that plenty of other people would be taking good photos, I decided to make a video of all of us watching the eclipse instead!
We found a nice spot about 30 miles south of Portland, went with a group of 4, met up with 6 others, biked along with several hundred other bikers and landed at this riverbank as the eclipse was starting.
This video is from the ~5 minutes around the peak of the eclipse, sped up about 1000x because you really don't want to watch this in real time. We had about 45 seconds of total blackout at our location. I think my favorite part is the crazy sounds everyone made! Thanks to everyone who came along!
This video is from my webcam at home pointed out the window. Portland didn't quite get the full blackout experience but it did get dark enough to make the lights at rite aid look like they're glowing. #eclipse#eclipse2017
Let's use more zucchini! These zucchini bread muffins are also vegan although you'd never know! The banana and a touch of xanthan gum takes the place of eggs, and add a hint of sweetness as well! Full recipe is in the link in my profile! #zucchini#summer#recipe#cooking#toomuchzucchini
What do you do with way too much zucchini? Make zucchini chips! Thinly slice zucchini and top with oil, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Bake at 250 degrees for about an hour until they get crispy! #zucchini#cooking#easyrecipes
I got a late start again today because of the morning W3C call. The call goes from 8-9am, tho sometimes runs late, and there's usually a bunch to follow up on with individual people after the call. I didn't end up getting started until noon!
Today I finished another test for websub.rocks, one of the tricky ones that requires a bunch of setup ahead of time. I'm almost done with the test suite though! I might even try pushing through the rest of the day to finish it!
This morning I worked on finishing the first two websub.rocks tests for hubs! I managed to finish them pretty much on schedule for the morning. Now you can test whether your hubs send WebSub notifications that are properly formatted! Superfeedr and Switchboard both pass the tests, and I filed an issue for Mastodon's built-in hub which should bring it up to spec.
I started later than I wanted to this morning, because I got distracted with something else first thing. I'm going to have to get better about jumping straight into these projects in the morning.
I did manage to get a good chunk of time in today though. I worked on the new test in websub.rocks for testing hubs. I got almost all the way through it, but am now pretty tired and want to be done for the day. I left myself a bunch of placeholder outlines and notes in the various files so that I remember where I left off tomorrow. I'm hoping I can dive in tomorrow morning and finish this off!
I managed to get a start at an acceptable time this morning! I focused on finishing the websub.rocks tests for subscribers. I pushed a little longer than I had originally wanted to, but I was really close to wrapping up all the tests and figured it'd be better to just finish. I'm happy to say that the tests for subscribers are complete now, including the template implementation report!