Yesterday there was cilantro in my soup, and suddenly it tasted so much like soap that I couldn't eat it.
Over the last few months, I've noticed that cilantro has started tasting bad, but didn't really think much of it. I looked up the food sensitivity list of people who also think cilantro tastes like soap, and now I am super confused, because most of these are my favorite flavors: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster#Specific_food_sensitivities
• Gins, tequilas, and hoppy beers are my favorite
• I eat brussels sprouts, cabbage and kale all the time
• I am a huge fan of coffee, always unsweetened
• grapefruit juice is a staple in my fridge
• I make my own tonic with quinine so that I can make it less sweet and more bitter than normal
• I enjoy ridiculously spicy foods, and I eat raw habaneros for breakfast every morning
So why is cilantro the one that tastes bad to me? And why did this change? I used to enjoy cilantro! I didn't think this sensitivity was something that could change in people over time.