Day 56. For today's song, my dad chose the instrumentation and style, and I had to see what I could come up with. He gave me "horns" and "concerto". So I started by studying the structure of concertos. A concerto typically features a single instrument soloist, with an orchestra or piano backing it up. They typically start out with an "exposition" from the instruments other than the featured instrument, introducing the theme. Then the second exposition features the soloist introducing the theme again. This is followed by a "development" section, featuring the soloist, usually in a different key, which ends by building up on the maj7th chord to a coda section which repeats the original theme in the tonic. My challenge was to fit all this in under a minute, so I basically have one phrase per section. I started by using the motif from Day 3 and building everything up around that. The very last phrase is basically the Day 3 song at the end.
This morning, Marty mentioned that he was having trouble with Quill because of my previous change where I updated the default scope to "create" instead of "post". (I documented this change as part of Day 51, but I suppose it could have been its own 100days project itself!)