Day 45. This is the first time I've recorded my own audio for a song, and only the third time I've used audio samples at all. The clinking glass sound I recorded on the kitchen counter. It's me hitting two pint glasses with the handle of a tea spoon. I recorded about 8 takes of 16 bars of the rhythm. I used the best five 4-bar phrases in the final song. It was an interesting experiment cleaning up the audio so that it worked well with the rest of the song. I first used a high pass filter to remove all the low frequencies which cut out the "thumping" sound and the sound of the glass slowly sliding on the table every time I hit it. I discovered that Logic Pro has a "quantize" function that works on audio, not just midi! I used that to get the glass hits better synced up with the beat. I used a pitch adjustment filter to drop the pitch about a quarter tone at the end of the first and third bars of each phrase. I liked the way this detuning sounded, so I echoed that in some of the other instruments as well. The on-the-beat high tone is detuned a step mostly at the end of the phrase, but there's a whole phrase I left it detuned the whole time. I included a brief snippet of video of me recording the clinking sounds just for fun.