I decided to set up a URL shortener on my short domain, aaronpk.com, thanks to some recent discussion in the IndieWeb chat.
I found an open source project that is basically exactly what I would have built if I had built my own: https://polrproject.org/
The installation wasn't seamless, but I'm familiar enough with the tech it's built on so I managed to get it set up. I also made one modification to it, which is that if you type in a short URL that doesn't exist, it redirects to the same path on aaronparecki.com, so that all my regular pages now automatically have a short URL.
This is definitely a lot nicer than my previous solution of adding URLs to a text file.
Post-IndieWebCamp hacking continues at the hotel bar! Made a few more minor improvements to Monocle:
• Defaults to "https" when you type in a domain, and if that fails, will fall back to http, rather than the other way around • Added a logout button • Added mobile screenshots to the wiki • Updated the indieauth-client-php library to bubble up things like ssl errors so that apps using the library can report errors better
Second #IndieWebCamp hack day project: how to quickly get started using an IndieWeb reader.
• start with a blank HTML file • add a rel=me link to your GitHub profile, and make sure your GitHub profile links back • add a couple `<link>` tags for indieauth.com • sign in to https://aperture.p3k.io • add the `<link>` tag it generates for you • sign in to an IndieWeb reader!