I Hope Twitter Goes Away - The Blagoblag (alexgaynor.net)
“Sorry, no comments here. I'd much rather you wrote your own blog post or sent me an email instead. Comments are never going to happen. Stop trying to make comments happen.”
Amazing app makes me the product! - CurrentC App Review (forums.macrumors.com)
“CurrentC allows me to expose all of my personal information to retailers so they can use it as they please! I love the ease of use of opening up my spending habits to retailers with no concern for my privacy.
Future feature requests-
* Please tie in my store Wi-Fi and location data so you can track every aspect of me in your store.
* Please sell my data to your CurrentC partners
* Better yet, sell my spending habits to junk mail companies -- I love unsolicited mail
* Allow me to upload all of my contacts to your database so you can share all of your high-value brand recognition with my friends and family
* I would like to see very large web ads within your app since I now have a larger phone screen size.
* On occasion leak your cloud data about me to others to expose my details to as many other businesses and enterprising programmers in foreign lands.
* Add a few more steps to the process of using the app for payment so I further enjoy the time it takes to stand at a check out line in a store.”
Introducing osquery | Engineering Blog | Facebook Code (code.facebook.com)
“Osquery exposes an operating system as a high-performance relational database. This design allows you to write SQL-based queries efficiently and easily to explore operating systems. ... SELECT name, path, pid FROM processes WHERE on_disk = 0;”
“ToroDB is an open source, document-oriented, JSON database that runs on top of PostgreSQL.... It speaks natively the MongoDB protocol, meaning that it can be used with any mongo-compatible client.”
Jason Bateman Is ‘IPO Man;’ He’ll Direct, Star As Man Who Sold Stock In Self (deadline.com)
“Fox Searchlight has acquired Meet The Man Who Sold His Fate To Investors At $1 A Share, a Wired Magazine article by Joshua Davis that will be crafted into a starring and directing vehicle for Jason Bateman to play a man who found a novel commodity for a public offering: himself. It created a host of problems for the actual guy, Mike Merrill, when shareholders demanded control over life decisions like whether or not to have a vasectomy, or even whether he should move in with his longtime girlfriend (and minority shareholder).”
thoughts by clayg: Use nmap to scan for ssh servers on subnet (thoughtsbyclayg.blogspot.com)
“nmap -p 22 --open -sV 10.0.0.0/24”
Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You - Joel on Software (www.joelonsoftware.com)
“If Napster wasn't peer-to-peer but it did let you type the name of a song and then listen to it, it would have been just as popular.”